Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Confessions of early morning wakings


 
I have been up since 2:30ish this morning. I probably could have gone back to sleep, but instead I picked up my phone to look for things to pin to my Pinterest boards and read goofy articles about,  love, sex, and the Simpsons. Yea, you read that correctly.  There is so much out there on the world wide Web that our minds could actually explode. Most of the articles left me scratching my head as to why I even wasted my time.


Things to do when you wake in the early morning hours  (not in any specific order of importance):

 

1. Post on Facebook.

Tell everyone how you can't sleep because everybody wants to know that (esp. My FB buddies who suffer from insomnia on the regular)...p.s. I did that. (Lol) Don't forget to hashtag it up! #Cantsleep #insomniac #thissucks

2. Read articles on Insomnia. 

Understanding Insomnia may actually make you tired. Have you ever read a medical blog late at night? I go cross-eyed. This is not something that i struggle with normally.  Sometimes my body has had enough rest, sometimes I am manic, and other times I am just really excited to go to work (um...nah)Who needs sleep? I will sleep when I die. Yikes!!!

3. Scroll through close friend's Facebook posts.

Sometimes ya need a little chuckle and you remember why you are so close.

4. Lay face up looking at the ceiling. 

Why not? There is so much going on up there...zone out and think of all your past mistakes because that is super productive.

5. Pin, Pin, Pin

This is super fun when my best friend lets me know how many notifications from Pinterest she got because I was so productive in the wee - hours of the morning.

6. Analyze Everything!  

And why not? This makes everything better, right??? My mind is a machine of analytical ramblings. I analyze how I need to better spend my money...how to save more. Should I change careers? What do i want to be when i grow up? (I am almost 35) How am I going to get my car fixed? Do I ever want to get back into a relationship ever again? Can I handle the flood of emotions and time that it will take to make a relationship really good? etc...etc...

7. Daydream...

Daydream about how true love could sweep in and wrap me up. Ok, for all my Christian peeps, I know that Jesus is my true Prince and no one will love me like he does. Having finally fallen in love and loosing it as quickly as it came sucks and is a constant pecking on my brain and heart. Damn that new Cinderella movie...

8. Pray

Have my heart open to hear our Creator. This is when it gets real. This is when supplication is done. I get to pray for those who are hurting and bitter, dealing with health issues, and pray blessings over them. If you are not, "religious"and happened to stumble upon my blog, then just know that neither am I. Religion is defined as something one does repetitively. I guess you could say we all are, in a sense, because the majority of the population brushes their teeth religiously. .. (Just a little LOGIC for all that doubt) Mine is a Relationship,  an opportunity to love on the ONE who died for all of my stupidity.  He is the ONE that truly gets me, and still sticks beside me. Ok, ok...i could go on forever...

9. Try to ignore the grumbling of my stomach.

Drink water! It will appease the sensation until the alarm goes off. Speaking of that...mine 1st alarm is about to do just that.

10. Contemplate doing laundry. 

Or any other chores? Yea, No! That would mean getting out of my comfy bed and turning on lights. Ain't nobody got time for that...

11. Talk Myself out of getting on Ebay.

Or Amazon, for that matter. I mean really? Do I need that 5th bathing suit or another phone case?...Didn't I mention that i need to save money? Lol

12. BLOG

Mission accomplished!  I mean surely there are others out there that will understand this perfectly.  I highly suggest it. At least keep a journal of thoughts. It is cathartic to get these things off your chest.
To all my fellow Insomniacs: May you have a productive and energetic day...don't forget the pot of coffee on the way out the door.

13. Wrestle with whether or not to go back to sleep.

I can easily do this the majority of the time. This morning that may not be the best thing for me to close my eyes. It may just make me more drowsy during the day. Eh! What the heck! I have 40 min to spare. Goodnight! 

Blessings!  And don't forget to #keeptheconversationgoing

No comments:

Post a Comment