Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Misconceptions of Bi-Polar Symptoms

The link below leads to a blog written by a doctor who describes how some may view the symptoms of a bi-polar person. 

        This is not a comfortable conversation for those who actually have the diagnosis of BPD. In 2011, I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar II {the mania is not as severe}. This has been more manageable for me with careful monitoring of my medications and a close support system. This is not a fly-by-night guesstimate of what i may or may not have. This is real. This is not an excuse. It is an epiphany. It is my revelation. For me, this is not who I am though I have struggled with this for my entire adult life. The last thing that I want is to NOT speak up about my journey when I know that so many struggle in silence and shame. This is not time for me to be a coward or worry about what others may think of me.  #2BorNot2BMental


#noshame #bi-polar #mentalillness #thestruggleisreal #Bi-Polar2




http://www.docgoldenberg.com/2015/02/doc-i-think-i-am-bipolar.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment